Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Labs

Entry 4
All weekend I have been with my dog. I own three labs, each with they’re own personality. My thick black female Labrador, star, beautiful and sweet, but the minute someone lays food out in font of her, she has a different personality. She becomes greedy, she tries to take the others food, or she will go fishing in the pond just to get an extra bite. Seems to me that her stomach does more of the thinking then her brain does.
My other female chocolate lab, Brooke, completely opposite, skinny as can be. She has enough energy to make sure that when she sees you she will jump five feet in the air just to plant a kiss on your lips. Please do realize that this is a dog here. Why she decided to go for the lips I will never know. I guess it’s a learned behavior from watching TV. The one thing about Brooke that is annoying is she will not do anything without her husband, her partner in crime, moon.
The dog that thinks he is the man of the house, moon; he is a pale white male Labrador. Moons brain does not seem to function like other dogs, I am begging to think he thinks he is human. You see most dogs on TV. are trained to do some interesting stuff. But that’s just it they are TRAINED. Not my dog moon, it seems that the only thing that trains him is himself. He opens the sliding door even though we locked it. Climbs up on the couch, (when he knows he is not allowed), and as soon as we get home, he acts as if he did nothing wrong. He stands up on his hind leg to steal food off the counter. He opens the front door and then my other dog Brooke’s play pen, so they can escape and roam through the neighbor hood. He hops a 5 ft gate. In order to roam, and on many occasions ended up in someone else’s yard trying to get another dog pregnant.
My dogs’ personalities are just like my families, unique, individual, and Crazy! I must say they keep me entertained as well as frustrated and in shape after all the years of chasing them down, leterially. They all have a place in my family, like a brother who is annoying, like a child who is in need of care, and like a person who makes decisions. Some people do not think dogs are capable of making a decision between right and wrong. But if you live my life, and have seen my dogs and know of the crazy stories they would tell. You would agree with me 110%.

Sincerely,
Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment