Sunday, April 18, 2010

We Are Highschoolers

Entry 3
My stomach growls as I continue to be hungry, out on another family adventure it seems. It should be a movie title. ADVENTER TO….THE STORE. Staring: the whole family. Great, just great, exactly what I want to be squashed by all these sweaty bodies in one car. I have a pretty huge family, there is no reason for all of us to go to the store, yet we do it any way. For me it’s a chance to practice driving for the younger ones it a chance of a life time. The one time they get to get out of the house! Unbelievable.
My mother, forever known as mommy, sit next to me extremely nervosa as I drive. It seems that if I make one mistake she will have my head. Makes a teenager become extra cautious. But as I pull in the parking spot, mommy says” no need for everyone to get out, I am only buying toilet paper.” Who knew that a ten minute quick stop would turn to an hour shopping spree? Almost dying from hunger and heat, as if we went to the Sahara ,in the hot, heated car, which by luck our air condition decided to give out the week before, mommy finally pulls up to the trunk of our car. A cart that was only supposed to contain a few rolls of toilet paper seems to be piled to the top with groceries. We all sit in amazement trying to figure out why she left us to suffer. But we say nothing because the main thing on our mind is food!
Finally we arrive home, groceries get unloaded. I run to take a quick bathroom break and when I come out, the brand new package of lunch meat is completely EMPTY! I look around and everyone is smacking on a ham sandwich, some even on their second one. The only quick, easy sandwich to make is peanut butter and jelly. And everyone in this house knows that is the one thing that I hate. Yet they we’re too busy eating to think. I guess the truth comes out, when you’re hungry, you got to eat, I guess that’s the only time family doesn’t come first.

Sincerely,
Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment